SAS can now help you with NDIS Appeals
The NDIS Appeals has been set up to ensure that all people with disability, and others affected by reviewable decisions of the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA), have access to support when they are seeking review of those decisions in the Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT).
If you would like more information about the NDIS Appeals process click here: (“NDIS Appeals”).
What is the AAT?
The AAT has power to examine a wide range of decisions by NDIS, including who is able to participate in the NDIS and what types of support are provided to NDIS participants. Please note: An application must be made within 28 days after you receive the decision from NDIS. The AAT may allow a longer period in special circumstances.
SAS can now assist you if you are seeking to review a decision made by the NDIA.
What areas do we cover?
We can help you if you live in any of the following areas:
Sydney - Inner West
Sydney - South West
Sydney - Blacktown
Sydney - Parramatta
Sydney - Ryde
Sydney - Inner South West
Sydney - Outer West and Blue Mountains
Sydney - North Sydney and Hornsby
Sydney - South West
Sydney - Sutherland
Sydney - City and Inner South
Sydney - Northern Beaches
Sydney - Eastern Suburbs
Sydney - Baulkham Hills and Hawkesbury
Who can the SAS’ NDIS Appeals Coordinator assist?
- If you are a person with disability, and you are unhappy with a decision made regarding the NDIS,
- If you work for a service or are a professional in the field and wish to refer a person for advocacy assistance or assistance with an appeal to the AAT
- If you are a participant’s chosen supporter and need advice with the AAT processes
The SAS NDIS Appeals Coordinator’s job is to:
- Assist applicants to navigate the process of seeking an Administrative Appeals Tribunal (AAT) review of NDIS decisions, including preparing documents, attending conferences and hearings;
- Assist applicants to self-advocate where possible, or provide individual advocacy support, developing and implementing an individual plan in partnership with the applicant;
- Ensure a referral to the Central Assessment Provider ( a specialist legal advisor) where legal issues are highlighted for a determination as to whether legal services will be provided (for complex or novel legal cases); and
- Provide public information about the availability and role of the support person.
If you think you need assistance simply call Petra Sampson, our NDIS Appeals Coordinator on: 0412 759 668 and talk to her about your issue
SAS’ NDIS Appeals Staff:
SAS would like to introduce everyone to our new NDIS APPEALS Coordinator Petra Samson. Petra is in her last year of completing her Law degree at Macquarie University. She has some big shoes to fill replacing Ara Cho and we have the confidence that she will do an excellent job. Ara has moved on and taken up a solicitor' position in a legal firm, we thank her for a fantastic job also wish her our very best for the future.
Petra Samson B.Com/LLB (Final Year, Macquarie University)
Mobile: 0412 759 668
SAS NDIS Appeals Brochure Click here to download
Referral click here
Department of Social Services
NDIS Appeals Brochures
Disagree with a Decision click here
Easy read Disagree with a Decision click here