People with an intellectual disability will be valued members of the community, have their voices heard and rights supported.
- Give training support and information to all members / consumers to develop their skills as self advocates.
- Provide information and education to the community about self advocacy and the rights of the people who have Intellectual Disability.
- Develop strong links with other advocacy and community groups.
- To provide a meeting place for people with Intellectual Disability where we can help each other to learn more about our rights and become more responsible in the community.
- To develop our skills and confidence so that we can speak for ourselves and make our own decisions.
- To make people in the community more aware of the rights, needs and abilities of people with Intellectual Disability.
- To develop meeting skills so that we can all take an active part in meetings.
- To speak and act on behalf of other people with Intellectual Disability.
- To build up support in the community and at all levels of Government for people who want to speak for themselves.
- To employ people with Intellectual Disability in positions in the office with training support as needed.
- To make sure that people with Intellectual Disability know about any good resources and training programs for our members and staff by networking with other groups in NSW, Australia and all over the World.
- To provide an example to the whole community, of a service run well, for and by people with Intellectual Disabilities.